What is EMG?
Electromyography (EMG/NCS) is a test that evaluates the health of the nerves and the muscles. During the EMG, Dr. Bicknell will evaluate various muscles to determine if they are functioning properly. He will place a small electrode inside the muscle to record the electrical activity. Nerve Conduction Studies (NCS) measures the time it takes for a small current to travel across a nerve. With new technology, this test can be performed with little discomfort. This procedure takes about 30 minutes.
For More Information:
Conditions We Evaluate:
Providers Refer Patients to Bicknell EMG Because:
- A board-certified physician sees every patient and interprets each test.
- We accept most insurance, including Medicare.
- Referring physicians receive reports within 24 hours in an easy-to-understand format.
- We are a preferred provider for workers’ compensation carriers.
- Our EMG and nerve conduction studies are done with state-of-the-art equipment.
- Our friendly and professional staff will schedule patients within a week of the date of referral. Same-day appointments usually are available.
EMG Clinic Brochure
Referral Form for Physicians